September 15, 2014
This is a pretty fine Hunter Guardian from Destiny. The Awoken should have that 'blue steel' look down right? Insert in appropriate how you would like to 'level up' with her here.
Is that gun from Destiny or District 9?
September 4, 2014
August 19, 2014
Bungie have released another trailer for Destiny - remember how games only used to have one trailer? Now you get about 50 in varying forms. Not that we mind!
Here's how Bungie described it:
"Venus was once the site of a great discovery – a paradise. Now, it is a monument to all that we have lost.
Defeat our enemies. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system. Become Legend."
Can't hardly wait!
August 7, 2014
The guy who screwed the ending* of Mass Effect 3 said:
"After what already feels like a lifetime of extraordinary experiences, I have decided to hit the reset button and move on from BioWare. I’ll take a much needed break, get perspective on what I really want to do with the next phase of my life, and eventually, take on a new set of challenges," he wrote in a letter shared with his colleagues. “This is without a doubt the most difficult decision of my career.
Though there’s never an easy time to make a change like this, I believe this is the best time for it. The foundation of our new IP in Edmonton is complete, and the team is ready to move forward into pre-production on a title that I think will redefine interactive entertainment. Development for the next Mass Effect game is well underway, with stunning assets and playable builds that prove the team is ready to deliver the best Mass Effect experience to date. And the Dragon Age: Inquisition team is putting the final touches on a truly ambitious title with some of the most beautiful visuals I’ve seen in a game.
But while I feel that the time has come, this is without a doubt the most difficult decision of my career. BioWare is as magical a place today as it was when I started. The projects we are working on are some of the most exciting and prestigious in the world. The talent in our teams is second to none. And the people here are some of my closest friends. I’ve spent more time with many of you than my own family, and I have enjoyed every day of it.”
It will be interesting to see what he gets up to next. Speaking of gaming Rock Stars, what has Cliff Bleszinski been up to lately other than playing video games with his wife? Maybe Casey and Cliff should team up**?
*We’re over it really.
** No bloody way.
July 27, 2014
So like a gazillion others, I've had the chance to play Destiny’s beta. I got to play for a couple of hours over three sessions (fitting in gaming time is hard when you have a family and want to sleep!).
Here’s a few thoughts:
- Music is fabulous
- The Fallen Captains are worthy foes.
- The upgrade element seems pretty intensive and actually useful in the battle field
- I liked Peter Dinklage as the Ghost
- The Devil Walkers will be formidable threats
- Some of the missions were elementary but of course this is a beta)
- How Bungie expected busy fathers like those in the South Hemishere to take part in a 2 hour window to get on the moon is beyond me…
- Some of the weapons are pretty sweet
- My Warlock shot gun / power punch combo was an awesome treat to employ in the midst of battle. Supercharge is also awesome.
- It took me three multiplayer games before I knew what the help was happening. Kills seem to happen too quick? Maybe leveling up will help in time.
- The sprawling vista of New Russia featured some wonderful artwork and design. I appreciated the scorpion tanks that lay about.
- It’s very clearly Bungie have put a lot of thought and planning into Destiny, things bode very well for the full game.
It was clear after the fan concern about the way Peter Dinklage's voice over work sounded for Destiny that they would react to any advice from players about how to improve the game. And here's the evidence: