Star Wars references in Mass Effect
During my Mass Effect 3 run through I noticed a sweet Star Wars reference and thought it might be a good idea for a post so here's what I've found and what other kinds of easter eggs and reverential nods people have found in the campaign of the three games in the series.
The Original Game
- There are several instances of "I have a bad feeling about this." being uttered.
- The Krogan Wrex say's "It's a trap" after being ambushed by Geth, being the classic line uttered by Admiral Ackbar in Return of the Jedi.
- Upon seeing the Sovereign, the line "Look at the size...", is dropped, a probable reference to A New Hope when Luke sees the Death Star for the first time.
- Miranda's loyalty takes leads you to docking bay 94, which is the same number for the docking bay the Millennium Falcon was found in A New Hope.
- When Sheppard helps the Cerberus scientists escape the line "The first transport is away.." is uttered and is a reference to the Rebels escaping the planet Hoth. In fact the whole scene is a homage.
- A lot of the characters that can be found in the Docks on the Citidel have the costumes and colours that appear to be inspired by the Star Wars universe - such as the orange jump suit Luke Skywalker wears in Empire Strikes Back.
- If you look at the Rachi ravagers (the ones with sacs) side on, they kind of look like those Droideka robots that 'roll' around in The Phantom Menace, kinda:
And if you liked all that, why don't you check out some Star Wars cosplay or just skip to Leia in a bikini...or read these lines by Kylo Ren from The Force Awakens.