January 30, 2013
I stopped using a mike when playing video games a couple of years ago because I got sick of hearing all the abuse that goes on with online gaming. There's only so many 14 year old Australian teenagers one can listen to going on about their sexual prowess regards my mother.
So it was with some glee I spied this on 9gag.
Not sure if this MsRebbecaBlack is the real name or if this is real as this account has no gamerscore...
I think this 84 year old Halo player has more fun than most gamers!
January 28, 2013
Casey Hudson, the guy who wrote the troubled ending to Mass Effect 3, is still overseeing operations for the game and this week tweeted a tease that suggests new DLC for ME2 is on the way. His tweet said:
Looks like a nice place for some R&R... twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/s…
— Casey Hudson (@CaseyDHudson) January 28, 2013
Fellow Bioware colleague Michael Gambol also tweeted a picture of an energetic Krogan....
Does not look like a guy you'd want to mess with... twitter.com/GambleMike/sta…
— Michael Gamble (@GambleMike) January 28, 2013
So by my count this is the third piece of DLC excluding the extended cut ending - I'm just not interested in DLC for this particular game given the ending of the main game itself - I personally see no point in playing an additional chapter if my character died already.....
What do you think about ME3 DLC? To paraphrase the band Incubus, are you in?
January 24, 2013
Campers get a bad name in Halo and other video games. I have no idea why, I think it's a legitimate strategy...
You may be a Halo camper if…
- The Incineration Cannon is your favourite weapon because of its above average marshmallow roasting capabilities.
- Your preferred Ordnance Drop consists of a tent, sleeping bag and portable stove.
- You think DMR stands for “Doesn’t Matter, Really”. Because with way you play the game, it doesn't, really.
- The crouch button is always the first button to get worn out on your controller.
- You have more Base and Flag Defense medals than all your friends combined.
- You wish “stationary” was a selectable status on Facebook.
- You think Active Camo should be buffed.
- You’re offended when people call it a legit strategy because it’s more than that. It’s an entire way of life.
- When anybody asks how your last game went, you say, “It was 'in tents'” and then laugh hysterically.
- You read this entire list while you were mid-game, and your position still hasn’t been discovered.
As found at Halo Waypoint
January 10, 2013
Bungie has done a revamp of their website - seemingly in preparation for using it as a vehicle to promote Destiny. They've said the site is in beta - so go break it!
A cool change is that you can now sign in with your Facebook, Microsoft, Google or Playstation account. That last point is another indication that the as yet unofficially announced game with be a cross platform entity.
January 9, 2013
So it was my birfday recently and Xbox Live Rewards sent me an email saying Happy birthday and here’s 20 MS points! Sweet! I thought. That’s really cool. I feel truly loved by Microsoft Corporation.
And then I thought, what’s that in dollar terms?
So in New Zealand, 500 Microsoft points costs $8.25 which means my birthday gift was princely value of 33 cents. Which is basically the cheapest birthday gift any body has ever given me. Thanks Steve Ballmer, you sure know how to make a xbox game feel special….
And then I thought to myself, what can I buy with 20 MS points? What if I wanted to by the Halo 3 Crimson Map Pack? That costs 800 points so with my birthday points I can buy 2.5 percent of that.
I can also buy one quarter of the Halo 4 Logo Tshirt avatar. Actually, the cheapest Halo related thing I could find on XBL was 80 MS points.
The cynic in me says that this birthday gift was just a cheeky way to get me to buy more MS points so I would actually buy DLC and what not. Nice try there Microsoft, I see what you did.
I imagine a ‘spokesperson for Xbox Live Rewards’ might respond to that by saying something like, “this gift of points was just a token from us to acknowledge the member’s birthday. Greater use of the XBL rewards system will er.. reward members with more points which can be used to redeem a set of useless avatars that no one cares about”. Or sum such thing.
But it gets worse.
In the United States, home of the Xbox, the Yankees and Pee Wee Herman, 80 MS points are equal to US$1. Which means result, an 800 point DLC such as the Crimson Map Pack would retail for US$10.
What’s the comparison to New Zealand? Well if 500 Microsoft points costs $8.25 that means a point = 1.64 cents so 800 points = $13.20. And according to the ap on my iphone the currency conversion to USA $ value is $11.016 which means if I am in NZ, I appear to be paying a premium of 10 percent just because I live in NZ than America to buy some Halo DLC content.
Thanks Steve, you sure know how to make a xbox gamer feel special….
While I was at the Xbox site working out the prices of points, I saw I could earn 20MS points if I did a quick survey. Well it was quick and I lied about everything. Even my age. Take that Steve, you should have made me feel special.
January 3, 2013
If you have only a passing knowledge of the X-Men, the one thing you'll probably know is that Wolverine is the best of the best when it comes to the X-Men fraternity. There's a reason why wolverine was the central character of all those movies so it's totally understandable that all the cosplay babes out there want to take a turn at doing their own sexy versions of Wolverine.
Say what you like about them but be nice as those blades appear to be pretty darn sharp!
PGL's Top 7 Posts for 2012
The Post Game Lobby has only been in existence for a short while so instead of a top ten posts for the year list, it's se7en. Go figure.
- Mystique - cosplay photos. Fans couldn't get enough of the blue gal. Maybe she should have been in Avatar?
- Leeloo from The Fifth Element cosplay - yes, you can have a multipass
- Who does the voice of Sarah Palmer from Halo 4's Special Operations? The answer to this question surprised only people who had never played Mass Effect.
- The best ways to take down a Promethean Knight - these new creatures for the Halo 4 series were quite tough to take down unless you though about your tactics!
- Cosplay pictures of Super Sexy Heroines and Villainous Vixenswere popular as was Cammy White from Street Fighter
- It was clear a few players needed some tips on how to use the Sword in Halo 4.
Here's to have an awesome gaming year for 2013 - Destiny awaits after all....
January 2, 2013
January 1, 2013
|The Love Children of Hugh Hefner and Stan Lee?|
Featuring Miss Captain America, She Hulk, Mrs B. Widow, Madam Hawke Eye, Ms Thor a cheeky Mrs Tony Stark and a not so evil looking Lady Loki, these girls sure surely have been welcome at any party that Hugh Hefner would have thrown in his glorious hey day!
Here's a nice photo of Ms Thor:
Image credit goes to one sebastian.jespersen who grabbed the shot of the girls at the July Comic Con.