June 29, 2011
Thanks to HBO, I found this cool site, The Secrets Within which ponders the Halo story / plot line - Here's the Flugemeister's latest pondering on what he thinks Halo 4 may be about.
Is he on the money or has his imagination gone rampant?
June 23, 2011
June 17, 2011
June 14, 2011
Following on from Urk's tear jerker of a goodbye to Halo (of a sort) Bungie are upping the love. They threaten a Vidoc that's been 20 years in the making (is that a clue?), swag and more!
7 Reasons to Celebrate
This is the year that we say goodbye to Halo, but though the thought of our absence from this universe may bring a salty tear to your twinkling eye there is much to celebrate. So much in fact that we're tearing ourselves away from the blazing fires of our development forge to put the last two decades of Bungie's existence into proper perspective. It is, after all, the 20th anniversary of our studio and nearly the 10th anniversary of the game series that thrust us straight into the public's yearning maw.
Beginning on June 23rd, and running through the close of Bungie Day on July 7th, we'll be celebrating the last twenty years the only way we know how - by giving you, the best -blam!- community on the planet, all the parting gifts we can muster.
Here are 7 reasons you should come out and celebrate with us this year:
- Because Blue Flames aren’t just for Bungie Employees or fans with iPhones. We’ll be turning on Blue Flames and the Bungie Nameplate for every last one of our loyal fans. (Kids, do try this at home.)
- Because we just built a brand-new and totally free community iPhone app to keep you connected...and entertained!
- Because we're going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what Bungie Aerospace is all about.
- Because a collection featuring some of our rarest and most treasured personal Halo artwork will be up for auction, with all profits going to charity through a partnership between Child's Play and the Bungie Foundation.
- Because the Bungie Store is going to be packed with Swag Sacks containing random, but totally kick ass swag, limited run commemorative t-shirts, and amazing commissioned posters from a handful of incredible artists, with all profits also going straight to charity.
- Because on Bungie Day we'll be throwing down in a 24-hour Bungie vs. the World No Holds Barred Halo: Reach Marathon where we'll be making the promise of Steaktacular a certified beefy reality. You steak us. We'll steak you. Seriously, we're going to mail any team who beats us by 20 kills or more on Bungie Day a Grade-A cut of steak (gift cards for international players) while supplies last.
- Because you've been just as much a part of this incredible twenty years as we have, and we simply couldn't bear it if you didn't show up and help us celebrate our anniversary and help send our Halo baby out with one hell of a bang. [i.e. not with a whimper - Ed]
The festivities begin on June 23rd and conclude as the final hours of this year's Bungie Day, July 7th, come to a close. If you don't show up, we just won't know what to do with ourselves, and we definitely won't know what to do with this ViDoc we've been slaving over for the last two decades.
See you soon. BYOB. ONYC.
June 8, 2011
The Bioshock series of games has given cosplay fans the opportunity to dress as several of the characters found in the game. The clear winning cosplay choice is adorning a Big Daddy costume or a Little Sister dress. Those girls in game were pretty evil but turned out to be sweet little dears in the end.... right?
June 7, 2011
Gears of War Cosplay Costumes
Gears of War 3 is coming out soon enough so I may as well cash in on that momentum and do I post on GOW cosplay right? Especially when there's such awesome pictures of of Anya such as the one above! What do love even more is some of these lancer's these cosplayers have - do they steal them from promotional campaigns or do they they make them for the comic cons?
Here's a sweet version of Dizzy who played a role early in the campaign of Gears 2. To his left is a female COG.
Here's a whole squadron of COG soldiers in costume. The outfits are pretty sweet, yes?
Here's a cosplay picture that's pretty dear to the heart of the Gears of Halo website, a picture of cosplay that covers both Gears of War and Halo by way of these to Gears soldiers and Cortana.
Want more cosplay? Check out some Harry Potter costumes. If you are muggle, check out pictures of body painted Mystique.
June 5, 2011
June 4, 2011
I was running round the internet minding my own business when I found this Halo concept art by Levi Hoffmeier. Enjoy with my compliments. When you're done check out more Halo pictures by Bungie artists.
Levi has done the artwork for the Age of Gratitude site - it's a chance for Halo fans to shout out to the game makers, the community and anyone involved in the community. Get on it.